Greetings, I’m Sheng, a Legend rank constructed and 7 win-average arena player. I run Hearthstone Coaching where our coaches have helped many students achieve the same.
If you’re new to Hearthstone, or just have a limited collection of cards—I feel your pain. It is often difficult to find cheap but viable decks to play on the Hearthstone ladder. Given this dilemma, I’ve set out to help those of you with a limited collection by creating budget decks for each class.
These Standard decks are constructed with only Basic cards gained from reaching Level 10 with each class and cards from the One Night in Karazhan adventure set.
Basic + Karazhan Guide Format
- Deck Playstyle
- Card Choice Breakdown
- Mulligan Guide
- Gameplay Video
- Deck Upgrades
- Basic + Karazhan Druid is a Midrange Druid deck that utilizes the mana acceleration of cards like Innervate and Wild Growth to bring out large mana efficient minions much earlier in the game than most opponents can deal with.
- Basic + Karazhan Hunter is tempo oriented deck that utilizes the synergy between Beast minions and spells to buff your Beasts on the board. In the late game, Hunter's hero provides a consistent source of damage to finish off opponents.
- Basic + Karazhan Mage is a midrange deck that focuses heavily on controlling the board through efficient minion trading and excellent removal spells that often double as reach to bring your opponent's life total to zero.
- Basic + Karazhan Paladin's goal is to overwhelm your opponent with cheap token minions. Cards like Frostwolf Warlord, Blessing of Might, and Blessing of Kings have no trouble finding value in a deck that spawns an endless supply of cheap creatures.
- Basic + Karazhan Priest utilizes a variety of cheap removal spells in the Basic Priest set for board control, and generates card advantage through a Northshire Cleric card draw engine.
- Basic + Karazhan Rogue's premise is to generate tempo through weapons and inexpensive removal spells while simultaneously putting out cost-efficient minions to control the board.
- Basic + Karazhan Shaman's goal is to overwhelm your opponent with cheap token minions. Cards like Frostwolf Warlord, Flametongue Totem, and Bloodlust have no trouble finding value in a deck that spawns an endless supply of cheap creatures.
- Basic + Karazhan Warlock utilizes the synergy between multiple cards that benefit from the discard mechanic to generate tempo onto the board. Cards like Hellfire and Soulfire provide reach in the late game to finish off opponents.
- Basic + Karazhan Warrior is built upon charge minions and weapons. Garrosh Hellscream’s hero power, Armor Up!, allows you to gain two armor every turn late game, something crucial if you’ve sacrificed too much of your life using weapons. This deck’s aim is to take advantage of all these strengths.
Don't have the Karazhan adventure set?
Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. Check out my previous Starter deck series that don’t require any additional sets to build.
If you’re interested in reaching Legend rank, or earning unlimited gold from arena, my team at HearthstoneCoaching.com would love to help! We’ve provided over a thousand hours of excellent coaching to students around the world.
Want to Become Better at Other Games?
I also run RankOneCoaching.com, where our top coaches will develop a personal plan for you to achieve your dreams in other games. Personal lessons are an in-depth experience and most students improve significantly after just one full session!